The Audience Engagement Producer will help execute the next installment of Black Arts Legacies (BAL), an expansive multimedia project that explores the past and present of Black art in the Seattle area. This role will assist in producing and maintaining the newsletter and Instagram account dedicated to this project while supporting organizational efforts to expand our reach across the Pacific Northwest, foster and drive civic engagement and inspire a smarter world while demonstrating CPM’s values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
Cascade Public Media serves a diverse community, in terms of ethnicity, class, culture, language, sexual orientation and disabilities and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion amongst our team members. We encourage everyone interested in this role to apply even if you don't meet all of our requirements.
Qualified applicants please apply here.
Hourly rate: $29-$30/hour
Hours per week: Less than 20
Benefits: This position is not benefit eligible
Location: Seattle, may require in-office attendance, from time to time
Proof of vaccination required for employment
Expected start date: March 1, 2023
- Post weekly to the dedicated BAL Instagram account, aiming for 2 or more grid posts per week, 1-2 stories per week and 1-2 reels per month.
- Maintain social media presence for the project with particular attention to the project's Instagram account.
- Collaborate with Social Media Editor to improve organic reach through collaboration and tagging.
- Help develop and maintain the voice of the project.
- Use data analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Sprout and Google Trends, to guide your decisions and understanding of when to tweak strategy based on industry changes or changing user behaviors.
- Follow brand guidelines to create visuals using assets that have already been developed by the project team: including portraits, articles, interviews, promotional copy and logos.
- Lead production on the project’s weekly newsletter, featuring written excerpts, answers to reader questions and/or featured reader feedback.
- Collaborate with Crosscut’s Audience Engagement Team to grow the newsletter’s following and promote podcast, video and social media content.
- Be able to use data analytics tools to optimize subject lines, previews and send times for peak readership.
- Attend meetings with the Crosscut Audience Engagement Team once a week and maintain communication with the audience engagement manager and BAL editors.
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of the CPM.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building and fostering key internal and external relationships, as well as the ability to mentor less experienced writers.
- Enthusiasm for the role of public media in a changing journalism environment.
- Deep understanding of journalism ethics and practices, with nonprofit or public media experience preferred.
- Ability to manage short and long-term projects in an environment with shifting deadlines.
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms such as Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp or SecondStreet highly preferred.
- Knowledge of AP style, impeccable grammar and copy-editing skills.
- Creativity and original ideas for social media ventures not already outlined are encouraged.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in, journalism, communications, new media or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- At least two years of experience as a writer or editor in a deadline-oriented environment; arts and culture-related preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing projects and multiple priorities.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings, weekends and some holidays required.
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.