Please note that our Fall 2023 program is full and we are now hiring for Winter (Jan-Mar 2024) & Spring (Apr-Jun 2024)
This internship is a wonderful opportunity to get first-hand experience in developing and producing video campaigns that will be featured on-air, online, and through our various social channels. Our program includes hands-on experience and is a combination of education and actionable work. Students will interact with media producers and gain valuable professional experience for potential career paths in the television/marketing/multimedia industry. Students should have a keen interest in marketing, as well as writing and producing videos. Ideal for students pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Film and Video Production; or other relevant majors.
This internship requires a 15-20 hours per week commitment, for the school semester or quarter months.
Cascade Public Media serves a diverse community, in terms of ethnicity, class, culture, language, sexual orientation and disabilities and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion amongst our team members.
We encourage everyone interested in this role to apply even if you don't meet all our requirements.
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Stipend: $750 per month
Interns working 15-20 hours per week will be paid a stipend of $750 per month through Accounts Payable. Stipends are meant to assist students with living expenses during their internship to include covering transportation to and from CPM, any meals they may purchase during their internship shift, etc. Stipends are not meant to cover hourly wages and are independent of the number of hours a student interns each week. Interns are not employees and during the entirety of their internship, they are not to be reimbursed or paid for anything beyond their monthly stipend.
Location: Seattle, onsite
Proof of vaccination required
- Conduct research to support campaign development
- Assist producers in the studio and on field shoots
- Work with producers to retrieve music and sound effects from our music libraries for promo use
- Sit in on edit sessions as assigned and help with ingesting, organizing, and logging media
- Assist with writing draft scripts
- Help with updating and curating our Vimeo channel and project archive
- Assist with or develop projects which contribute to intern’s professional portfolio; topic(s) to be mutually agreed upon between the intern and supervisor and should be relevant to the scope
- Current enrollment in a course of study at an institution of higher learning that leads to a degree, or certification program
- Highly motivated to achieve goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be detail and results oriented
- Receiving school credit for the internship is strongly preferred
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.