Cascade Public Media’s mission is to inform and inspire our community to make the world a better place.
Our vision is to be the most essential and relevant media organization in the region.
Support Corporate Underwriting and Marketing and Communications to reach more people, build a great organization and inspire a smarter world while demonstrating CPM’s values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Our organization serves a diverse community, in terms of ethnicity, class, culture, language, sexual orientation and disabilities and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion amongst our staff population. We encourage everyone interested in this role to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.
Hourly Rate: $25.00 - $25.00
Location: Seattle - Must live in WA State, hybrid schedule that requires days onsite each week with other days remote
CPM offers competitive benefits to team members working 20 hours or more a week. Benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays
- 1 personal holiday
- 12 days of vacation to start
- 12 days of sick
- Half-day Fridays during Summer
- Company-matched 401(k) Retirement Plan that is fully-vested immediately
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- $50 per month subsidy toward an ORCA card
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- Write, Prepare, Manage, Track, & schedule high volume of flights, advertising, and event sponsorship for underwriting elements on all channels
- Confirm that correct versions for underwriting interstitial broadcasts, digital advertising, event sponsorship and other underwriting assets are scheduled
- Confirm that media for all underwriting interstitial elements, digital advertising, event sponsorship and other underwriting assets are in hand and secure replacements if needed
- Create and update data records for all underwriting assets including but not limited to broadcast spots
- Review and communicate underwriting and digital advertising scheduling discrepancies, following up as appropriate to resolve
- Assist Account Managers in confirming availability of underwriting and digital advertising inventory
- Track performance, and fulfillment of underwriting and digital advertising orders
- Notify Sales Manager, Traffic Department, Accounting Department & Corporate Development Account Managers when make-goods are required
- Provide information for station reports as needed. Manage purging of media files for underwriting interstitials and other underwriting elements no longer needed
- Assist with department revenue projections and tracking
- Coordinate requests and delivery of underwriting spots, digital advertising, and other underwriting assets with Marcom, other departments, and underwriting clients
- Reconcile underwriting sales accounts with accounting department on a monthly basis to make affidavit corrections, digital advertising corrections, event sponsorship corrections and track broadcast spot fulfillment. Provide other information to accounting for department invoices as needed
- Generate reports as requested
- Respond to internal and external queries
- Proof marketing copy guided by PBS standards and guidelines, reformat as required.
- Back-up for Broadcast Sponsorship Project Specialist
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel) required
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Google Ad Manager strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of broadcast production process strongly preferred
- Adept at working both independently and collaboratively to accomplish goals and objectives within deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or other related field, or equivalent job experience preferred
- Experience in project management and contract management strongly preferred
- Experience with multi-platform marketing and advertising strongly preferred
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.