Cascade Public Media’s mission is to inform and inspire our community to make the world a better place.
Our vision is to be the most essential and relevant media organization in the region
The Production Manager manages internal and external video and podcast producers, books crew, oversees the department budget alongside the Director of Original Productions, and assist in the production workflow to assure quality and efficiency, while demonstrating CPM’s values of integrity, community, innovation, and diversity.
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Our organization serves a diverse community, in terms of ethnicity, class, culture, language, sexual orientation and disabilities and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion amongst our staff population. We encourage everyone interested in this role to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.
Location: Seattle - Must live in WA State, hybrid schedule that requires days onsite each week with other days remote
CPM offers competitive benefits to team members working 20 hours or more a week. Benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays
- 1 personal holiday
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Half-day Fridays during Summer
- Company-matched 401(k) Retirement Plan that is fully-vested immediately
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- $50 per month subsidy toward an ORCA card
- Collaborates with the Technical Production Manager to coordinate video and podcast production resources and priorities and ensure a steady stream of timely and high-impact content
- Manages the quality and efficiency of video and podcast production workflows, timelines, and deadlines
- Manages internal and external video producers to complete short-form and long-form video content for broadcast, OTT and social media
- Manage internal and external podcast producers to complete weekly and seasonal series
- Processes invoices for external collaborators
- Collaborates with the Director of Original Productions to create and manage yearly production department budget as well as project budgets
- Identify and solve resource challenges for all projects in flight
- Provide production guidance and support to internal and external teams
- Books additional crew support as needed
- Work with Director of Original Productions and Design Director to coordinate graphic design elements
- Cooperates with Programming Coordinator to schedule video content and deliver titles, descriptions, and images for the KCTS 9 broadcast schedule, Viewer Guide and OTT
- Collaborate with on-air promotion team to schedule promo production for all broadcast video content
- Manage production strategies and timelines, giving input toward improving production strategies and timelines
- Proactively identifies opportunities for workflow improvement, providing solutions to identified workflow issues
- Maintain production pipeline practice and policy documentation
- Track resource usage and work with the accounting department to assure proper allocation of project costs. Prepare cost accounting data for entry to the finance system
- Maintain knowledge of bargaining unit contracts to assure compliance
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of the CPM
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Knowledge of scheduling software such as Cheqroom is preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of video and podcast production in field and studio environments
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical team members across a variety of fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building and fostering key internal and external business relationships, as well as the ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to continuously improve processes and systems and adapt to changing priorities with ease
- Drives a culture of experimentation and improvement when it comes to tools, technology, and process
- Demonstrated success as an organized problem solver
- Able to collaborate with external partners and vendors efficiently and effectively
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in Communications or related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of two years’ management experience or people management required.
- Four years’ experience coordinating and managing production workflows and timelines in a deadline-driven environment. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
The hiring process for this role will include a phone screen and a virtual or in-person panel interview. In some instances, additional panel interviews may take place. If you need reasonable accommodation during the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.