Develop and implement digital strategies and tactics that expand the pipeline of support from KCTS 9 and Crosscut audiences. Grow CPM’s digital fundraising initiatives to meet donor acquisition and revenue goals and increase donor and revenue retention. Work with other CPM stakeholders to connect digital products and digital marketing efforts to the overall membership program and fundraising campaigns. Identify digital giving trends to reach a new and diverse audience on multiple platforms.
Salary Range: $85,000-$90,000 annually
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Lead and Manage
1. Lead and execute integrated, multi-channel, digital marketing strategy of outbound programs (email and digital marketing) and inbound programs (web pages, giving forms) to help meet the acquisition and revenue goals of KCTS 9 and Crosscut, and grow CPM’s digital fundraising program.
2. Translate digital strategies into specific documented plans that include timelines, channel selection, offers, ask strings, segmentation, projected response rates and revenue.
3. Create the structure for digital giving tests to find both incremental and breakthrough improvements.
4. Create and manage comprehensive digital campaigns to be implemented within quarterly fundraising efforts and giving day campaigns.
5. Create and manage digital efforts and/or campaigns that complement ongoing membership initiatives (e.g., sustainer growth, member benefits promotion, Passport campaigns, etc.).
6. Strategize and oversee stewardship and engagement communications, as well as direct solicitations, particularly among new and diverse audiences.
7. Stay abreast of industry best-practices within public media, other nonprofits and in the commercial sector.
8. Investigate emerging platforms and ensure CPM is able to interact with donors and prospective donors on those platforms.
1. Work across highly collaborative teams, including the digital product, audience engagement and marketing teams to grow the prospective donor funnel and meet donor conversion goals.
2. Collaborate with Marcom, audience engagement and membership staff on integrated campaigns to ensure strategies, messaging and goals are aligned.
3. Work with the Individual Giving Coordinator and Membership Director to identify and create digital strategies that support donor movement through the membership pipeline – from membership, to mid-level and major gifts.
4. Work with the Fundraising Marketing Administrator to identify segmentation of email campaigns, and provide copy and creative to build emails.
5. Work with membership and marketing teams to request and create campaign creative.
III. Reporting and Analytics
1. Track and analyze digital testing and campaign performance across all channels.
2. Translate analysis and research results into actionable items and make tactical recommendations accordingly. In other words, be both analyst and strategist.
3. Work with Fundraising Marketing Administrator to create dashboards and reports to disseminate information to other stakeholders and roll-up information to larger membership reports.
4. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
2. 5+ years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, digital marketing or an equivalent combination of related training and relevant experience.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of multi-channel digital marketing platforms (email, digital newsletters, websites, social media, etc.), with demonstrated understanding of best practices and key performance indicators.
4. Comprehensive experience providing CRM analysis and research (preferably within a digital, broadcast or cable media environment), Salesforce experience a plus.
5. Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other enterprise level Mail Sending platform (Mailchimp, Constant Contact).
6. Experience with Drupal CMS and pop-up builders like OptiMonk a plus; as well as knowledge of website and social analytic tools.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to clearly articulate the case for support, write effective calls-to-action and fundraising “offers” (value propositions).
8. Strong analytical, planning, time management, and organizational skills required. An ability to manage multifaceted projects and a capacity to perform independently in a fluid multi-tasking environment are essential.
9. Stellar relationship-building skills to foster collaboration and teamwork with internal stakeholders.
1. Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time.
2. Ability to regularly type on a keyboard.
3. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
4. Ability to work remotely during the current office closure.
5. Ability to work a hybrid of remote work and on-site work when the office reopens.
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background.
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.