Cascade Public Media is seeking a technically experienced project manager to support streaming event production planning and operations. Coordinate efforts of content partners and project stakeholders and streamline asset production workflow both on and between content teams.
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000 annually
Duration: 1 year grant funded position
Benefits information can be found here
Scope of Position
The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated expertise in authoring and maintaining workflow for business-critical media asset production pipelines and experience with the creation and operation of events. This role also carries a high degree of team and content partner interaction. The ability to explain technical concepts clearly and with non-technical language and maintain the trust of each team member that they are involved with is required.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan technical requirements of live productions.
- Communicate with stakeholders on technical capabilities, challenges and coordinate solution with internal staff and external vendors and service providers.
- Identify gaps in communication, scheduling conflicts, required issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Provide technical support for live productions.
- Direct technical work of production technicians during live productions.
- Perform associated troubleshooting (day-of event tech support communication/root cause analysis as needed).
- Act as a media technology subject matter expert for each assigned project, serving to clearly communicate and manage technical details. Make final decisions regarding technical needs for live event productions.
- Leverage lessons learned and processes created for these events to support longer term efforts.
- Introduce and solidify media asset management operations, MAM system/process functionality, and associated system enhancements.
- Work with stakeholders to establish and evaluate requirements to ensure project success.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Communications, Media Studies or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience broadcast/event engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience project/program management.
- Advanced experience with professional editing.
- Expert level understanding of MAM software, transfer/storage systems, playback systems (local/streaming) and current industry trends in streaming and post-production.
- Advanced experience with video transcode applications and cloud storage.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to explain complex technical concepts to clients using clear non-technical language.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with varying timelines.
- Highly professional in live event environments - capable of troubleshooting/communicating quickly and efficiently while addressing issues/clients in stressful situations.
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, holidays and in inclement weather.
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background.
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.