Cascade PBS’s mission is to inform and inspire our community to make the world a better place.
Our vision is to be the most essential and relevant media organization in the region.
Maintain transmitters to meet FCC requirements and ensure quality television is delivered to reach more people and build a strong organization while demonstrating CPBS’s values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
Hourly Rate: $41.00 - $42.00/hour
Hours: This is a temporary position with a flexible schedule 2 days week/8 hours a day
Location: Seattle and quarterly trips to Yakima
Benefits: This position is not eligible for benefits
Cascade PBS offers competitive benefits to team members working 20 hours or more a week.
- 11 paid holidays
- 1 personal holiday
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Half-day Fridays during Summer
- Company-matched 401(k) Retirement Plan that is fully-vested immediately
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Test transmission systems to detect early signs of problems
- Provide on-going proof of performance to video and audio quality
- Conduct emergency repair of transmitter and sub-systems to stay “on-air”
- Implement preventative maintenance of transmitters
- Assist Engineering Manager to ensure annual tower inspections are conducted
- Ensure the KCTS 9 transmission site is maintained, clean and safe
- Ensure interconnect systems are working properly
- Ensure encoding, PSIP, datacasting, monitoring, and other associated systems are working properly
- Manage maintenance and monitor performance of generator and UPS to ensure reliable backup power source
- Assist the Engineering Manager with KCTS-TV & KYVE transmitters
- Check operating logs to guarantee FCC compliances for KCTS and KYVE
- Ensure that applicable FCC and FAA rules and regulations are followed including but not limited to RF radiation, EAS, tower light, and tower painting
- Must be able to communicate effectively within the Engineering department and with other departments as necessary
- Coordinate with Maintenance to keep transmitter functioning
- Serve as a technical contact for KYVE
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of CPBS
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Advanced working knowledge and ability to operate and maintain audio, video, broadcast electronics and computer systems required
- Understanding of a broad range of computer operating systems, applications and hardware required
- Knowledge of applicable FCC & FAA regulations required
- Solid understanding of television and media broadcasting preferred
- Possession of FCC general operator’s license or SBE certification as a TV broadcast engineer, or higher, preferred
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical fabrication techniques preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- AA degree from an accredited technical school or equivalent experience required
- One year experience FM radio or VHF, UHF television and microwave transmitter maintenance experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license or reliable means of transportation to meet requirements of the job
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 30 pounds required
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools and various machines.
- Ability to climb, squat, bend and twist as required
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays
The hiring process for this role will include a virtual or in-person interview. In some instances, additional interviews may take place. If you need reasonable accommodation during the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.