Supervise and execute a range of administrative activities on behalf of Cascade Public Media; and manage highly complex tasks for senior officials and the Board of Directors in support of the organization’s goals and objectives while demonstrating CPM’s values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
Salary Range: $76,000- $88,000 annually
Benefits information can be found here
Seattle, hybrid schedule available, must reside in WA State
Proof of vaccination required for employment
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. We deeply value applicants from diverse lived experiences and backgrounds.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- Manage calendars, communications, events and appointments in a timely manner for the CEO, Vice President of Human Resources and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Actively maintain the CEO’s donor and VIP communications; updating contact information and generating reports utilizing the station’s Customer Relationship Management database.
- Arrange staff, management and executive meetings including agendas; facilities; supplies and provisions; attendee research; etc.
- Manage all Board of Director logistics including the budget; scheduling board and committee meetings; securing and setting-up meeting spaces; catering and or food service; coordinating, assembling and distributing relevant meeting materials; facilitating other necessary mailings, organizational invitations and communications.
- Serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors, fielding inquiries and other regular communication. Coordinate Board member orientation, on-boarding and recognition as needed.
- Proactively communicate with senior officials regarding upcoming deadlines in order to ensure they are prepared and have time to execute their duties in advance.
- Coordinate travel and pre-planning arrangements for senior officials; coordinate internal communications to ensure with various aspects of interdepartmental communication and preparation.
- Control operational planning calendars that outline key dates and activities for the smooth and progressive implementation of strategic and operational initiatives.
- Supervise, schedule and evaluate reception personnel to ensure required coverage; serve as back-up as needed.
- Develop and implement best practices and procedures to ensure an exceptional experience for the public and guests, and completion of reception projects and duties on time and within expectations.
- Oversees and manages Reception budget and office activities.
- Create and submit expense reports on behalf of senior officials and processes reimbursements if needed.
- Coordinate organizational surveys and communications as requested.
- Assist Corporate Secretary to ensure website information related to CPB obligations, leadership team, board members and various required postings are current and accurate.
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of CPM.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, listening and writing appropriately tailored to different recipients.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills; outgoing personality with interest and comfort in engaging others.
- Exceptional organizational skills to anticipate needs of fast-paced, strategic executives and problem-solving skills. Ability to engage and collaborate with all staff and Board members remaining flexible, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism, confidence and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures and recordkeeping systems.
- Proven ability to work independently to accomplish goals and objectives within deadlines.
- Comfort working in diverse relationships.
- Ability to work primarily on-site.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Five plus years experience supporting C-level senior officials required.
- At least two years of experience managing a team.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and remote collaboration tools.
- Extensive experience in administrative preparation of board materials and presentations required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and/or issues with sound judgment.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software preferred.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, holidays as needed.
- Ability to sit, type on a keyboard, and view data on a computer screen for long periods of time.
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.