Cascade Public Media’s mission is to inform and inspire our community to make the world a better place.
Our vision is to be the most essential and relevant media organization in the region.
Perform technical production to create live, studio, taped and remote productions to reach more people, build a great organization and inspire a smarter world while demonstrating CPM’s values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
Hourly Rate: $23.39-$23.39
This position is not eligible for benefits
Seattle, hours will vary, must be able to work onsite
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. We deeply value applicants from diverse lived experiences and backgrounds.
- Perform technical production-related duties including G&E, lighting, floor direction, switching, camera operation, audio, electronic graphics, teleprompter, set construction and dressing
- Coordinate the technical functions of television broadcast production for live, studio recorded and remote productions, EFP field recordings and audio sweetening
- Set up and serve as technical facilitator for teleconferences and other station meetings and events
- Advise producers, directors and clients to optimize capabilities of production equipment
- Identify and report faulty equipment, technical procedure problems and personnel problems
- Properly store television production equipment
- Assist with inventory of television production equipment
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of the CPM
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Advanced working knowledge of camera operation, teleprompter, studio set-up, lighting, Electronic Graphics (EG), audio, lighting, switching and computer systems, software and hardware, required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- AA degree from an accredited technical school or equivalent experience required
- Two years’ experience as a Production Technician II or equivalent position required
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50 pounds required
- Ability to climb, twist, bend, kneel, crawl and reach above head required
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools and various machines
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Must have a valid driver’s license or reliable means of transportation to meet requirements of the job
- Travel in the field (Terms and conditions covered by IBEW Agreement)
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.